Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Everyone, Meet My New Rheumy!

So I met Dr. Q today. He is fantastique! He spent an hour with me! AN HOUR!!! Who does that any more! He listened to my whole long story. He was dumbfounded that my old PCP didn't do any other bloodwork besides a Sed Rate & CRP when I went to him for all my symptoms (fluid on my joints, joint pain, joint swelling, extreme exhaustion) over the 2 & 1/2 year period.

We talked about the drug study that I'm doing and he seemed very impressed with my progress. He was curiuous about what my Sed Rate and CRP are now so he ordered some bloodwork. He is checking my Vitamin D level and thyroid to see about this exhaustion that keeps showing up. He's also checking liver functions and all that happy horse shit.

So needless to say, I am very eager to find out what my Sed Rate & CRP is. I'll let you know!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for you! I'm glad the study continues to go well. I'm dying to try to get into it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you need any info on the particulars, let me know. is it being offered in your area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    That's fantastic to hear about your great, new doctor! I found your blog while searching for the best information on Arthritis. I think your blog is very helpful and believe that you could reach even more people if you joined Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN is comprised of over 2,600 of the web's best health writers and their content is read by over 6 million visitors a month at Wellsphere.com.

    For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

    Best,
    Hua
    Director of Blogger Networks

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to hear that you have found a doctor that works for you. I am so lucky that my doctor and my naturopathic doctor are open to working with one another on my RA. I feel like I'm getting the best of both worlds. I wanted to recommend this to you and your readers - it's the ChiliPad - a mattress pad that lets you cool down (or heat up) your bed, mine lets me set any temperature between 46 and 118 degrees. At first I only used it days when the weather and my joints didn't agree, but then I began using it every night after I realized how much better I sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to hear positive stories about rheumys - I've got my next appointment at the end of next month (JUST before Christmas) so I'm really hoping for a positive experience! As things are going well for me right now though, I'll probably see mine for all of about five minutes after a two-hour wait!

    ReplyDelete